Wednesday, October 1, 2008

When the grass is greener on the other side...

For those of you who have already met your one true love, that person you know you're bound to end up with, stop reading now, because I would hate to put any doubt in your mind. I think of these doubts as moths. Every thought is a moth biting a hole in your reserve. Every thought resembling (what if there is someone better?) or (does this person fulfill all my needs?) is a moth making a hole out of you, until the foundation of a relationship crumbles like an old shawl....that had been eaten by moths...like the ones in the attic in a trunk....oh god, whatever. I think relationships are like food...you have to try and experience things to find out what you like, all the tastes and textures. Anyone can say "hotdogs are my favorite food" if all they have ever eaten was hotdogs. Some people are completely satisfied with hotdogs and will never blink an eye in any other direction and go on enjoying them forever. This is rare. First loves, first boyfriends and girfriends despite what orientation you are -are like that hotdog....tastes good...but is it the best? I would say I have a well rounded Pallet and pretty well know what I am looking for in a relationship by now- I have eaten the hotdogs, caviar- even some dog food. The new complication arising is when you find someone that meets most of your delicious criteria, that thought is still there- Is there somewhere greener? is there something or someone that fits me better? WHEN DO YOU STOP THINKING HOW GREEN THE GRASS IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT FENCE AND BIULD A GODDAM HOUSE ON YOUR SIDE!!!!and even if you decide you are content enough with what you have and to give it your all , commit all your energy to it, how do you know your partner doesn't have those moths flying around their own heads- how do you know they aren't still tryng to peek over that white picket fence. It all comes down to confidence and trust and fate I guess. What will be will be...rarely are two people at the very same stage in a relationship. I may be willing to start building my fucking house and my partner may be stealing a board and rock to catapult himself over the fence.....that all made sense in my brain...imagery and all...I dunno. So I guess the only thing two people in a relationship CAN do is burn citronella candles....lol in other words....get rid of the moths...stop the doubting thoughts, stop thinking there is a better food, or greener grass, or a more suited partner for themselves or the person they love. It's the thoughts that break down the foundation of relationships.....because the truth is..most people won't find a big enough board and rock to launch themselves over the fence anyway....and besides....someone would have to jump on one side to help do the catapulting....And if you're willing to help launch your partner...then it was never meant to be anyway. I apologize for all my muddled analogies, but they make so much sense to me.

No comments: