Monday, July 12, 2010

Bye Bye Sushi!

My fish died. Now, don’t take this lightly because Sushi (that was his name-note the pun) was almost 5 years old. He was my first real pet and the first living thing that Stuart and I looked after together. He was so pretty-Aqua coloured. I did some reading and I guess 5 years is about as long as they live….the absolute MAX. Then it said that they prefer bigger tanks to little ones…Oops. I had him in such a tiny little bowl. Maybe I will upgrade his bowl when I get to wall mart and buy another fish tonight. That’s right- a replacement! I will call him- SASHIMI!

Did you know that Wal-Mart no longer carries fish? Ya! Damn, now where am I gonna get a fish? Some pet food places carry them but they are always in little cups and look faded and sick.

On another animal note- did you hear the one about the Husky eating the baby? No joke. In Montreal a month old baby was asleep in a car seat and the 17 year old mother stepped out for a smoke (I know, a real winner right?) and at the time there were two huskies wandering the house that belonged to a house guest. While she was outside the male husky mauled the baby to death. They are charging the mother with Man slaughter. I would think it would be more along the lines of criminal negligence causing death but no- they wanted to hit her where it hurts. Never mind the fact that she just lost her baby. Some are saying that the 17 year old isn’t that upset. The baby was too new and she didn’t want it anyway. Talk about divine intervention eh?
So my new car is finally here. I am officially going to be driving a 2010 Toyota Corolla….with roll up windows. It was almost a deal breaker. I didn’t even know they HAD roll up windows anymore. I would have even traded my power locks for power windows. I have a Sub Woofer, but it sucks all the cool out of it when you have to roll down your windows so people can hear your ‘sick bass’.

So my mom had skin cancer removed off her nose. It is a fairly straight forward procedure, but the aftermath can be slightly disturbing. They cut out all the cancerous cells and replace them with skin from your neck or face and cartilage from your ear. They stuff your hole with gauze for a week or so and then you have a small circle of Frankenstein skin for two months until your body accepts or rejects it. If you are lucky there is no scarring. Needless to say, my mom has quarantined herself away from the public eye, but I am hoping that won’t extend to our cottage weekends. I need summer sun! And no one cooks better summer meals than my Mamma!
On a random note- the worst thing about being ‘après wedding’ is having to take off your fake nails. Your real nails underneath are always thin and scratchy and they peel and fold and it is like that for WEEKS until they replenish themselves. Every time I take them off I swear to myself I will never get them again, but here I am.

That’s all for now, loyal blog readers- GO SPAIN!

No comments: