Monday, June 15, 2009

It's Trendy to be forever out of Style.

How come once you become really accustomed and good at portraying a trend, it suddenly changes. For instance, I just got a really nice hair straightener and have figured out how to perfectly straighten my hair- got the right products and techniques and now all of a sudden- Big & bold is better. Big curls and volume and waves are desired and I suck at that.
Or how about flares....I managed to acquire a bunch of really funky flares in grade school and then- WHAM- wide leg. And tights...I finally found the courage to sport the tight colourful tights under dresses and skirts and it is slowly being phased out for skinny jeans. I can't wear those! I was just mastering the layered look with cropped jackets and now everything is the long lean silhouette. Sorry hunny- that ain't me.

In high school i finally found the cash for some clunky heals and then...BOOM-pointy thin stilettos. I should have saved all my plaid shirts when I just didn't give a damn because, you know that month, when they came back? (probably because Lauren Conrad started wearing them)....well I missed it! I had so much flannel plaid!

I buy curve hugging lou lou lemon and then it is cool to have boyfriend pants (baggy sweats!)

I get those flowy floural shirts and then everything is STRIPES!

It is so uncool! So I guess I will just be out of style. Or not out...just one or two steps behind....

No comments: