Friday, July 10, 2009

In my world Ken gave Barbie REAL flowers

My favorite thing about summer (apart from not having allergies) is driving with the windows down on the HWY and smelling lilacs. For instance I was enjoying it today- until a spider crawled on me and bit me- GAH. I hate spiders. I love the smell of lilacs though. If you look closely at Lilacs they are made up of tiny little flowers and smelling them reminds me of the time I used to take tiny bunches and have ken give them to Barbie.

I realize my last post was depressing. I am going to try to refrain from writing like that in the future. I am not going to delete it because it was true. I do think like that...but when you live with an affliction....it is just that- live able. I have accepted I think like that and I work with it. Some people who have OCD go through life every day struggling with compulsive behaviors like hand washing and repetitive cleaning. Mine is simply a point of view about my body. Sure it is disruptive, but like any affliction, there are things we can do by ourselves to treat it.

Stuart and I got gym memberships together and have been going every night after work. We are starting slow because we have both been on Haidas because of the move and we are out of shape. But we are both adequately sore and it feels good.

My sister is planning her wedding. Without me. We had a disagreement a couple of weeks ago. Neither of us did anything particularly wrong to anger the other person,...we just both dealt with a situation badly...I was emotional and she was mean and sarcastic. So we aren't speaking and it is like that saying 'something's gotta give'.....and it is normally me and so I am not going to give in this time because I tend to cater to everyone and have thrown in that dirty old towel. My mother is under the impression that this silence will go on all summer.....it might, but it will be a good lesson for us. I am supposed to be....I think.....the maid of honour and am not involved in her wedding planning....which is sad to me, but I guess the silver lining= less work for me!

Stu has a Bachelor Party this weekend and I have the house to myself. Hopefully that means strippers and booze for him and quiet cleanliness for me.

No comments: