Friday, July 3, 2009

A Bistro of our own

Off to the cottage for the weekend. Really starting to enjoy the apartment I got with Stu. We have everything we need now except for a toaster and little odds and ends like candles and a broom, but for the most part we are completely settled. We bought curtains yesterday- what a fiasco. There were separate panels on sale in a nice sheer brown...they all appeared to match so we bought 3 panels and when we got them home and up on the wall- one was a strange fabric and a little different colour, one was about 1.5 feet shorter then the other two panels and so we had three curtains....all different. I went back to the store and pulled a little switcheroo. I didn't feel like waiting in line for customer service. I knew there was one panel left of that shade and didn't want to risk it not being there. So I went...measures....it matched one of the other panels perfectly...so I switched the curtains in the package....tadaa! We have a whole matching set....and now out cute little table has a 'bistro' feel to it. My sister says I am pathetic for being so concerned with this apartment and decorating. While other twenty-somethings are posting photos of their weekend at the bar, I am putting up pics of a new rug...or table or place mats. Oh well, it is where my life is at right now. Once I have more time to explore the area...there will be more social photos...
I have decided I know why marriages fail. People are getting married all around me- it must be the season of marriage. But I say, what's the rush? Make sure you truly know who it is you are committing your life to. I mean, I have been with Stuart for 6 years and we still surprise each other every day with reactions and thoughts and opinions...and as important as that is, I think it is equally important to know what you are getting into. You have to know the person you are planning on spending your life with.....your whole freakin life. Anyway, my thoughts aren't flowing....so until next time...

No comments: