Monday, September 29, 2008

Toilets with Urinals.

This is my very first BLOG. I am a little nervous. I have to imagine what it will be like to have what is essentially a 'diary' on the Internet for people to read and make judgements on. I signed up for it right? Here is my rationalization. I am living in Markham with my older sister, no social life- my best friend is a dog. So I need to feel connected to the outside world in whatever way I can...my daily interaction with people is talking to tradesmen that come into my office....well it is more like a lobby....a floating desk in a lobby. I work for a medium sized builder in Markham- we make condos and commercial realistate. The bottom line is that when people come into my office, it isn't a good thing. Lets just say that it is a true rarity that a buyer will come in and praise the construction process and thank you for building their home....or that a contractor will thank you for employing them and tell you what a pleasure it has been. It is always 'where's my money" or "you people can't keep extending us like this- we want compensation". So this blog is going to be my outlet...my daily dose of crap. Love it.
Today on the news they said that they passed a bylaw in England to support gay and transsexual people- there are no longer little stick women with skirts on washroom doors - bathrooms are to be labelled 'toilets' and 'toilets with urinals'. I thought that was interesting. That is all for now...I have a headache and need to brew some more to spew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie its good to read these little blogs you place up here. i was at a meeting this weekend, and the women speaker was talking about how people have these faluse self images of them selfs. And its a very rare thing to see people but them selfs out there for who they are thoughts and all, and not worry or think twice about what anyone says. i can say after reading you blog i have a new found respect and admirations for you. it really blows my mind to almost hear your thoughts from what you have typed so far. Gives me a smile that you may not be just the quite girl i knew long ago with not much to say or voice but someone that has more to share then she lets on. i hope you don't mind be following your blogs, i hope we can chat about anything from time to time it would be nice to maybe let you hear or get a sense of me. but really i think from what i have read you sound like you could use a friend to listen to you :)